This page contains information about reserving and using the ROSS Training and Practice servers.
Before scheduling your session, please coordinate with the training team to ensure there is no conflict with the training server. View the ROSS Training and Practice schedule for scheduled maintenance on.
ROSS TRAINING SERVER
Reserving the ROSS Training Server
To schedule the use of the Training server, email the ROSS Training SME (firstname.lastname@example.org ). Please include in the email the following:
1. Which server do you want to reserve: Training; Practice; or both.
2. Dates of training.
3. Type of training (Basic ROSS, D310, California ROSS, etc.).
4. City, State and location (BLM computer room, college, etc.) of training.
5. Contact information for person during the training.
6. You will receive an email confirmation that your session is on the schedule.
- You will be assigned one of the three Training instances (Training 1, Training 2 or Training 3).
- Download Training from the Download Apps page.
- Training instances are reset at 2000 MT each Friday.
- Notify the ROSS Training SME email@example.com to postpone the reset if your session spans a Friday night.
- Each Training instance contains data to support the scenarios in the ROSS, D310 and California training scenarios.
- Data may also be used for other training.
- Please forward any data issues to Beth Grey Cloud at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Training usernames are generic and identified in each training's courseware.
- You will not have access to the training server until you are assigned a password.
- Each Training instance has a new password generated every Friday.
- The password works for every user account in that Training instance.
- The NAP interface is disabled in Training so the passwords cannot be changed or locked up during a training session.
- Course Coordinators will receive the password the Monday of their session.
THE PRACTICE SERVER
Scheduled use of the Practice server (drills, practice etc.) should be scheduled with the ROSS training SME to ensure Practice is available during your session.
User Names and Passwords
- Access to the Practice server requires a NAP account. Students must go through the normal process of requesting a NAP account.
- It is the responsibility of the cadre to give students access to the ROSS Practice server as needed.
Click here to download Practice Download Apps
Questions: Contact Beth Grey Cloud email@example.com (541) 647-9633.
For more user support information visit the User Support page for User Guides, Quick Reference Cards and Tips and Tricks.