Accessing ROSS Production and Practice requires a NAP (NESS (National Enterprise Support Service) Application Portal) account.
The NAP is used to manage user application account information. Once a user account exists in NAP, local account managers can add it to one or more Dispatch Centers in ROSS.
Requesting a NAP Account:
For step-by step instructions on requesting a new account, see the Quick Reference Card Requesting a NAP User Account.
Rules of Behavior:
First time NAP users will be prompted to and must accept the Rules of Behavior to access NAP and ROSS.
NAP Password Policy:
- Minimum Length = 12 characters.
- Maximum Length = 32 characters.
- Must contain at least one upper case alpha character (A-Z).
- Must contain at least one lower case alpha character (a-z).
- Must contain at least one digit (0 - 9).
- Must contain at least one special character !@#$%^* (Do not use< > or &)
- Twenty-four unique new passwords must be created before an old password may be reused.
- Standard Account Passwords expire after 90 days.
- Privileged Account Passwords expire after 30 days.
- "Password will expire in X days" warning is displayed for the 10, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 day(s) prior to expiration.
- Accounts are locked after 5 failed login attempts per session. There will be a 15 minute lockout before the user may attempt to log on again.
- Users must establish security challenge questions by using the steps below.
Users must establish security questions in NAP (Security Profile) which will allow them to reset a forgotten passwod:
- Click on the person shaped icon on the left of the screen. This will take you to your User Account Page.
- At the upper right of the screen click on the button.
- On the Security Profile page, provide answers to three questions and save.
- This action will allow you to reset an expired or forgotten password without contacting the helpdesk.
- Users may set or reset their security profile challenge questions any time they are logged into NAP.
- To request a new ROSS account, on the upper right of the NAP log in screen, click the button.
- A unique e-mail address is needed for the user plus a varifying contact's information (i.e. Dispatch Center Manager).
- After submitting an account request, the user will receive an e-mail with a temporary password and another with their user name.
- When users log into NAP or ROSS with a Temporary NAP Password, they are prompted to reset their temporary password.
- You are issued a Temporary NAP Password when you are assigned a new NAP User Account or when you, a NAP Account Manager, or the Helpdesk resets it.
- If you have forgotten your NAP Password you can reset it by clicking "Reset" to the left of the Login button.