UPDATE POSTED: 11/12/2019 AT 1115 MST
SUBJECT: ROSS PRODUCTION OUTAGE
ISSUE: There will be a ROSS Production outage tonight, November 12, 2019, starting at 2200 MST to deploy ROSS Version 2.16.16.
START: 11/12/19 AT 2200 MST
END: 11/13/19 AT 0230 MST
USER ACTION: UNINSTALL AND REINSTALL ROSS
Please contact the IIA Helpdesk if you have questions or concerns.
In 1998, the National Wildfire Coordination Group (NWCG) chartered the ROSS Project to automate the manual resource status and ordering business process which primarily operated over telephones.
ROSS operates under the guidance of the National Mobilization Guide and Dispatch Guides / Procedures. Policy is set by NWCG member agencies.
ROSS Project Team
The United States Forest Service (USFS) has been designated by the NWCG as the agency that is accountable for representing the interests of all NWCG member organizations. The USFS is the Managing Partner for ROSS and provides the primary share of financing. Beth Spencer, is the Project Manager who is accountable for all aspects of the system.
The VIPR/ROSS interface was implemented 02/29/2016. Dispatch centers with VIPR Dispatch Priority Lists will see VIPR resources populating both the Resource Status screen and the VIPR tab on the Pending Request screen in ROSS.
Reconciling duplicate resources: It is possible there will be a VIPR resource from the VIPR database and a “hand entered” VIPR resource in your ROSS database. VIPR/ROSS Duplicate Resource Cleanup can help you resolve duplicate resources.
Questions? Contact your ROSS GACC Representative (see list below) or your GACC.
- Alaska and NICC – Nancy Moore - firstname.lastname@example.org
- California, NOPS - Laurie Forni - email@example.com
- California, SOPS - Shayne Canady - Shayne.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Eastern Area and Southern Area – Melinda Brogden - email@example.com
- Great Basin – Shep Crim - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Northern Rockies – Jerry Clements – email@example.com
- Northwest - Megan Kephart - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rocky Mountain – Angie Hinker - email@example.com
- Southwest – Nicole Finch - firstname.lastname@example.org