August 10, 2018. ROSS continues to experience network connectivity issues where users are being disconnected and/or receiving error messages. We are very aware of the issues and the impact this is creating. The ROSS team is actively working with the network group and others to address the issues. Thank you for your patience.
ROSS version 2.16.11 is currently deployed.
If you have a previous version of ROSS loaded, you must uninstall of the old version before reinstalling 2.16.11.
ROSS 2.16.11 Installer: https://rossinstaller.nwcg.gov/ROSSPROD2/
SUBJECT: Error when downloading ROSS using Windows 10
Administrative Privileges are required to disable Windows Defender Antivirus.
ROSS users who have Windows 10 may need to:
1. Disable Windows Defender Antivirus before installing ROSS
2. Download ROSS
3. Enable Windows Defender Antivirus.
The National Interagency Resource Ordering and Status System (ROSS) operates in an estimated 400 interagency dispatch and coordination offices throughout the Nation. The ROSS tracks all tactical, logistical, service and support resources mobilized by the incident dispatch community.
In 1998, the National Wildfire Coordination Group (NWCG) chartered the ROSS Project to automate the manual resource status and ordering business process which primarily operated over telephones.
ROSS operates under the guidance of the National Mobilization Guide and Dispatch Guides / Procedures. Policy is set by NWCG member agencies.
ROSS Project Team
The United States Forest Service (USFS) has been designated by the NWCG as the agency that is accountable for representing the interests of all NWCG member organizations. The USFS is the Managing Partner for ROSS and provides the primary share of financing. Beth Spencer, is the Project Manager who is accountable for all aspects of the system.
The VIPR/ROSS interface was implemented 02/29/2016. Dispatch centers with VIPR Dispatch Priority Lists will see VIPR resources populating both the Resource Status screen and the VIPR tab on the Pending Request screen in ROSS.
Reconciling duplicate resources: It is possible there will be a VIPR resource from the VIPR database and a “hand entered” VIPR resource in your ROSS database. VIPR/ROSS Duplicate Resource Cleanup can help you resolve duplicate resources.
Questions? Contact your ROSS GACC Representative (see list below) or your GACC.
- Alaska and NICC – Nancy Moore - firstname.lastname@example.org
- California, NOPS - Laurie Forni - email@example.com
- California, SOPS - Shayne Canady - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Eastern Area and Southern Area – Melinda Brogden - email@example.com
- Great Basin – Shep Crim - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Northern Rockies – Jerry Clements – email@example.com
- Northwest - Megan Kephart - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rocky Mountain – Angie Hinker - email@example.com
- Southwest – Nicole Finch - firstname.lastname@example.org