Each phase of development will focus on the addition of data sources and their integration, or specific functionality into FEMS.
2023 Development Schedule
Release 1 - RAWS Weather
- Release 1 is scheduled for March 2023
- This release will deliver weather observations and forecasts for permanent RAWS, viewable in the FEMS interactive map
- In addition, the data will be available to download
Release 2 - Field Samples (Formerly NFMD)
- Release 2 is scheduled for May 2023
- This release will deliver the full functionality of the National Fuel Moisture Database (NFMD) within the FEMS User Interface
- Additionally, this Field Samples Release will allow users to enter new types of samples, such as Fuel Loading, Water Table Level, Soil Moisture, etc.
- All historical data will be migrated from NFMD to FEMS
- The NFMD will be deprecated following this release.
Release 3 - WIMS Replacement
- Release 3 is scheduled for December 2023
- This release will deliver the full functionality of the Weather Information Management System (WIMS) within the FEMS User Interface
- The transition from WIMS to FEMS will begin in January 2024 and will allow sufficient time (up to one year) for all station owners to receive training and gain proper permissions in the new system